Convergence® 2022: Skein Competition and Exhibit
Convergence® 2022 Skein Competition and Exhibit
sponsored by The Natural Twist, LLC
A spinning competition with the entered and judged works on display throughout the 4-day Convergence® Marketplace.
Eligibility: All work must be the creation of the participant alone, clean and odor-free and must have been completed within the past two years.
Skein Submission Guidelines:
- All skeins should weigh 2 ounces minimum (or, if finer than 20 wpi, contain at least 40 yards), and be neatly wound to a circumference of 1.5 to 2 yards, with both ends of the skein tied together. Skeins may be either natural colored or dyed.
- Skeins should be secured in at least four places using figure eight ties and yarn that matches the skein and washed to set the twist.
- Attach a removeable 3x5 card label with your entry information on each skein: your name, category, fiber content, grist, fiber preparation, description of techniques used, and intended use.
Skein Entry Categories: Skeins may be entered into any of the following categories:
- Singles yarn (100% wool)
- Multi-ply yarn (100% wool)
- Novelty yarn (any fiber)
- Animal blend fibers (no more than 50% wool)
- Non-animal fibers
Entry Procedure: The deadline to register is July 7, 2022. You must complete a registration form for each separate entry.
Entry Fees per Skein:
- $3 - HGA Members
- $5 - Non-Members
Shipping: Entered skeins must be mailed to the HGA office and received by HGA by July 8, 2022. Work should be well packed and shipped in a reusable container. Artists must pay all shipping and insurance costs. Return pre-paid postage and return mail address must be included with your submission to the HGA office. If arranged in advance, items may be available for pickup at the HGA Registration Desk at the Knoxville Convention Center on Tuesday, July 19, 2022.
Presentation of Work: All skeins must be sent ready to show and exhibit. All skeins must remain on display until the conclusion of the exhibit in the Marketplace.
To participate, click "register" then on the next page complete your registration. Members, when registering, you must first login to My Account or you will not receive the Member rate. Not a member? Join Today. For assistance, please call HGA at (678) 730-0010 Monday - Thursday, 10 - 5 PM EST. We look forward to seeing you in Knoxville!
Photography Release: By registering for Convergence®, I understand that I give HGA permission to use (display, publish, etc.) any photograph(s) made of me at this conference for HGA marketing purposes, including advertising and publicity in print and electronic environments.
COVID-19 Liablity Waiver and Release of Claims: Because COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact, HGA will have in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, HGA cannot guarantee that its participants, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19. By registering to attend Convergence®, I have read and agree to HGA’s COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgement – Liability Waiver and Release of Claims. (Download)
|Neon CRM by Neon One|