2022 Handwoven Scarf Exchange
HGA Individual, Family, Student and, Professional Artists members are invited to participate in a weaving exchange and increase your their stash. Participants will each submit one scarf and receive one scarf in exchange. Not a member? Join today! For registration assistance please call HGA at (678) 730-0010 Monday-Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM EST.
In order to accommodate the sun worshippers and the snow worshworshippers will submit a SUMMER SCARF and/or a WINTER SCARF. If you submit a summer scarf, you will receive a summer scarf in exchange. If you submit a winter scarf, you will receive a winter scarf in exchange. If you want to submit one of each (1 summer scarf and 1 winter scarf), you will receive 1 summer scarf and 1 winter scarf in return.
Weave a scarf at least 5" wide and 60" long not including fringe. These measurements are finished measurements, meaning you have washed and dried your scarf or finished it as appropriate for the yarns used.
- Label your worksheet with your complete contact and weaving information (draft for your weaving, along with thread samples and sources). Insert the worksheet in a sheet protector to keep it flat and neat while shipping.
Clearly mark your worksheet with SUMMER or WINTER scarf. You will be the one who determines if your scarf is to be considered a summer scarf or a winter scarf.
Email a digital copy of your worksheet to the exchange administrator (to compile a complete listing of all scarfs entered). Instructions will be emailed with your registration confirmation.
If you submit both a summer scarf and a winter scarf, please mark them clearly and wrap them separately. Enclosing each one in a large plastic bag is suggested. You can mail them in the same package.
- Submit your scarf along with your completed project worksheet.
Ship your scarf beginning October 1st. Scarves must be received by the exchange administrator no later than October 31st. Instructions for mailing will be emailed with your registration confirmation.
DO NOT MAIL TO HGA. Your scarf will not be received.
Scarves will be exchanged and returned by November 30th.
- Current HGA Student, Individual, Family, or Professional Artist Membership. Not a member? Join today!
- Participant fee of $15 to cover return priority-mail shipping (international participants will have their items returned via first class mail) and administrative fees.
- Participants will be invited by email to join the Facebook group for the exchange so they can share and communicate with each other.
|Neon CRM by Neon One|